THE PENGHANA DIFFERENCE
Penghana offers old world hospitality in a tranquil, elegant environment with 21st century comforts. To stay in this National Trust property is a experience in its own right.
Penghana is not a hotel with 24 hour reception. In fact we don’t even have a reception desk. It is a private residence that is fully accredited as a hosted accommodation venue.
When you call Penghana you actually get to speak to the owners of the business. As we don’t want you to miss out on the iconic award winning experiences we happily share our knowledge of what to see and do and we can also make a booking for you.
We personally welcome you at the front door when you arrive. We settle you into your accommodation. We don’t welcome you by just leaving a key in a box, there’s no codes and no hand scribbled notes.
Penghana offers a choice of room types
- One master suite with separate dressing room, sitting area and ensuite offering spectacular views over Queenstown towards Mount Owen
- One VIP suite with two queen beds, separate bathroom and parlour
- Two queen rooms with ensuites.
- A two-bedroom, fully self contained apartment on the ground floor, suitable for 4 adults, or a family of 2 adults and up to 4 children.
- A budget style self-contained ground floor studio
Whichever option you choose, you can be assured of a good night’s sleep in extremely comfortable beds. You’ll find creature comforts such as plunger coffee, homemade cake, bath robes and a complimentary chauffeuring service to/from dinner. Guests staying in our ensuite rooms enjoy the ambience of our stately dining room when they come downstairs for their silver service home cooked breakfast.
All Penghana guests enjoy:
- Comfortable beds with mattress toppers
- Blockout blinds and/or heavy curtains
- Electric blankets
- Cotton sheets for summer months
- Micro-flannel sheets for the colder months
- Additional pillows giving you choices
- Doonas or wool blankets
- Wall heaters
- Bathrobes freshly laundered for your personal use
- Bedside water carafes
- Additional bath towels
- Basic toiletries
- TVs with built in DVD players
Shared guest facilities
Whilst B&B guests have a private lounge facility, all guests have access to a recreational room (originally the ballroom), where you can play billiards, the pianola, cards, board games or just enjoy a beer, Tasmanian wine or Penghana’s own house wines, from our licensed bar. In the summer months, guests can enjoy the garden, the stunning views, and have a barbecue or picnic on the lawn.
Penghana has ample safe parking and undercover space to safely accommodate motor bikes and bicycles.
WHOLE OF VENUE HIRE FOR SPECIAL EVENTS
The layout of the house is perfect for friends or family groups, special events, small conferences and ‘not quite eloping’ weddings, when you book for up to 12 adults with all the organisation done for you.