Can I bring my pets to stay at Penghana?
No, we cannot allow pets, but we welcome hearing, sight or physically impaired travellers with a cost exemption if you provide proof of your accredited assistance animal.
Do you offer gift vouchers?
Yes, we can provide gift vouchers to the value of your choice. We can provide a hard copy or email a printable version tailored to suit your needs.
Can we check in early?
Check in is from 3pm. If you arrive in town early and want to check in prior to 3pm, please call us. We are happy to welcome guests only after the house is completely ready. You can however guarantee your room by securing it as an additional night’s stay, prior to your actual arrival.
Can I get a late check out?
Checkout is 10am. Sorry, but we cannot offer late checkouts because the scale of our cleaning regime requires a certain window of time for the house to be ready for guests by 3pm on a daily basis.
Do you cater for allergies and special food needs such as gluten or lactose intolerance?
- Please advise us of your special needs at the time of booking.
- We can provide gluten free breakfast cereal and bread upon request.
- You will find our cooked breakfast options suitable for your dietary requirements.
- We only provide soy milk as a cow’s milk alternative.
- If you are sensitive to certain cleaning products, sprays, fabrics etc, please call us to discuss your needs before you book.
Do you have car parking?
Penghana offers ample off street parking
Which room has the best view?
Our Owen Suite has commanding views of Mount Owen and Queenstown’s town centre. As the house was not built as a tourist venue back in 1898, other bedrooms whilst they look out to greenery, do not have sought after views.
Do you have disabled access? Are there many steps?
- If you are staying in one of our ensuite rooms, there is a need to climb 24 stairs on our 1898 staircase.
- Our self contained two-bedroom apartment has only two stairs.
- Unfortunately the heritage status of this house does not allow alterations to be made to provide lifts or widen doorways for complete disability access.
How secure is my credit card when I give details over the phone?
We provide secure online reservations.
Why should I book direct with you rather than through online booking agents?
- Neither party pays any booking fees or commissions.
- You speak directly to the owners/operators of the business
- You can be assured of accurate, informed local knowledge such as driving time, weather, tours and experiences to maximise your time in Tasmania’s Western Wilderness Region
- We can even book day trips and activities for you without an additional fee loading
- You will receive more personalised service
- Your tariff will be more competitive too
What happens if I need to cancel my booking?
- Unless you have booked the whole venue or committed to a special promotion (which have different terms and conditions), we offer free cancellation up to 72 hrs prior to check in.
- We always endeavour to be fair and reasonable and in some cases can offer a 12 month credit on accommodation paid for and then cancelled for genuine circumstances.
- We do recommend that you consider travel insurance when you are planning a holiday to cover emergencies and your prepayments.
When does my card get charged for my accommodation at Penghana Bed & Breakfast?
We take payment 72 hours prior to check-in, except for promotional offers and whole of venue bookings for which other terms and conditions apply